Sleight of Mouth: Apply to Self – Today, when someone states a limiting belief, use the following Sleight of Mouth pattern and notice if their experience of the limiting belief shifts. Be sure to maintain rapport as you deliver the pattern.
Key Question: How can the criteria in the belief be used against the belief?
Purpose: Utilize criteria within belief to blow it out.
Three Components Generally Required:
- Go Meta
- Utilize Criterion
- Blow Out Belief
To utilize “away-from” criteria:
- Restate belief as “I don’t like x.”
- Say, “This belief is x.”
Example: “I don’t like absolutes.” Response: “Is that an absolute?”
To utilize “toward” criteria:
- Restate belief as “I want x.”
- Say, “This belief stops you from having x.”
Example: “I always have to please people.” Response: “That doesn’t please me.”
To utilize situations in which their having the belief contradicts the belief.
- Say, “The fact that you have this belief proves it’s not true.”
- Example: “I can’t learn.” Response: “You learned that really well, didn’t you?”