Table of contents for LifeHacks: Automation
- Automation As Part Of An Integral Life Practice
- iQuickTwitter – My Quicksilver + Twitter + iChat + Growl Hack
- GTD: Automator Wants To Know What You Are Doing Right Now
- GTD: What Are You Doing Right Now Redux
- IM Status: Update Your Skype, iChat, Or Adium Status With Quicksilver
- Automating The Quality Of Your Attention
- Append To Inbox Quicksilver Action
- My New Method Of Automated Journaling
- Update Twitter, Facebook, iChat, Adium, And Skype With Quicksilver
I’m a Facebook fanatic. I joined immediately after they opened to the public. In the beginning, there wasn’t much to talk about. None of my friends had joined and there really wasn’t that much I could do there. But since then, the buzz has caught my friends’ attention and Facebook’s extendibility has grown consistently, giving me a lot to play with.
Since I’ve been catching myself updating both Facebook and Twitter separately, I figured I should revisit my workflow and see if I can tweak my current level of automation.
It wasn’t difficult. I just added a couple lines of code to iQuickTwitter and now I can update Twitter, Facebook, iChat, and Skype with a single command. If you dig it, be my friend and let me know.
Graham English @ Facebook
Graham English @ Twitter
If all you want is to update Facebook with Quicksilver, try this:
Click here to open the script in Script Editor.
If you try to please everyone, somebody is not going to like it.